Yes, there are some changes...
During this first phase of relaunching Safari Kids in person, we have to make some changes to our Sunday programs for children. We will be phasing the age groups into our area in limited numbers due to our reduced volunteer staff & current distancing precautions. Please know that everything we plan is fluid! We ask for your grace and patience as we do our best to minister to your family.
Touchless Check-In with the Church Center app!
We have changed our check-in system, and there is a touchless option that will also speed the check-in process! Using the Church Center app, you can begin checking your children in for a service by 6 a.m. Sunday morning. Once you arrive on campus, you will scan the QR or bar code label from that app, and your name tags will print! Please watch the video to see how to begin. More videos will follow on our FAC Kids Facebook page as we get closer to the 21st. (*Extra note: Once you download the app, search for First Alliance Church to set your homescreen to FAC.)
Please remember that even after you have "checked in" your child on the app, they are not actually checked in until you scan your code at church. We will be checking people in on a first-come, first-serve basis. If we reach our attendance cap, we hope you will be gracious and bring your child to service or to one of our Family Rooms. (Our cap is close to the number of kids who were coming before COVID-19, so we believe, considering reduced attendance from those who'll continue to worship online, that it will be sufficient.)
Little Explorers: Infants, 2s, 3s, and young 4s
Any children younger than preschool age will not be in Safari Kids rooms at this time. (This is based on the 2019-2020 school year.) We currently do not have enough staff to open more rooms, as many of our team members need to continue to limit their exposure to others due to their age or health considerations. In addition - kids at this age learn by playing together and would find it hard to keep a "social distance" from their friends. THANK YOU for understanding. Here are some alternatives for our younger kids:
- FAC will continue to livestream the service, and we will continue to prepare lesson packets during the month of JULY. You can worship from home and use our Safari Kids Online page for your Little Explorers. If you previously had not requested lesson packets, you can do so at the bottom of this page.
- Enjoy livestream and the possible company of 1 or 2 other families in our Family Room. This room is the biggest room in our Connections Hallway - the first room on the left as you enter from the breezeway. The service is livestreamed into the room, and we have fun toy buckets you can check out (1 per child) to help entertain them.
- Bring your children to the worship center with you, if you'd like. They are more than welcome! If your children will be moving around, we ask that you sit in one of the back rows so they won't distract others from the message. Thank you!
Watering Hole: Kindergarten - 5th Grades
- Programming for K-5th is open during the 9:30 service only. During the 11:30 service, they will go to worship service with their families.
- We will allow children back into our area 15 minutes before service starts.
- If you are not comfortable with your child being back with other children at this time, we encourage you to bring them to service, and to pick up a worship service packet for them from our Safari Kids desk in the breezeway.
New procedures within Watering Hole
- Children will be encouraged to keep their distance from each other (3 to a table, 3 to a bench unless from the same family). However, we cannot guarantee it...because kids are kids! Please contact us if you have any questions.
- Children will be asked to wash or sanitize their hands upon entering, after before-service play time with toys (which are limited), and before leaving. We will be allowing game play for 15 minutes before service (reduced from a previous 20 minutes).
- Toys and surfaces will be cleaned after use.
- Children will be given their own set of extra supplies (pencils, etc.)
- Large group time will be followed by small group time, but the small groups will not rotate. Within the groups, we will put space between kids using rubber circles or other strategies. Rooms will only be used if a group is quite small; in general small groups will space out in the front & back of Watering Hole, and in the Family Life Center.
- Masks will not be required of kids or volunteers, but those wishing to wear one are encouraged to do so.